Latest Announcements & Updates What you need to know NOW!
* Teacher Appreciation Week is May 2nd through 6th! The Victory E.S. PTO would like to invite all students and parents to show a little extra gratitude to teachers & staff next week. Just bring themed items to your teacher and/or other staff member each day. These items do not need to be expensive, and you can pick & choose which days you would like to join in. This is not required (participation is optional).
Here are our daily themes:
Monday, May 2nd: Flower or Plant
Tuesday, May 3rd: Piece of Fruit or Vegetable
Wednesday, May 4th: School/Office Supply
Thursday, May 5th: Sweet Treat
Friday, May 6th: Thoughtful Note/Drawing
Also we are asking help in providing the following tasty treats (by grades). Forms are being sent home, or you may click on the links below:
* SOL Hallway Monitors - Victory Elementary is in need of hallway monitors to keep things quiet while our students take their SOL tests. ANYONE from ANY grade level is encouraged to help! Volunteers are free to bring books or laptops (wifi is available) and will be asked to sit in the upstairs hallway to monitor the bathrooms or in the main hallway outside the testing area. This is a very simple yet extremely important job!
* End of Year Celebrations - The End of Year Picnics will be taking place in June at the same times as our other classroom celebrations. Please save these dates and look for more detailed information in the coming weeks.
Kindergarten through 4th grade will celebrate on June 8th.
K - 2:00pm
1st - 1:15pm
2nd - 2:45 pm
3rd - 2:45 pm
4th - 1:15 pm
The 5th grade will celebrate on June 9th at 1:30.
June 9this also the date that our wonderful 5th graders will have their award ceremony at9:15amand States Parade at2:45pm. The 5th Grade Promotion Ceremony will be onJune 15th at 7pmat Stonewall Jackson High School.
*Westie Wear - Remember to wear Westie Wear on Fridays! Westie Wear tshirts and athletic socks are available for sale. Quantities are limited. Please email Michele at email@example.com
*Victory Classroom Needs - The VESPTO is very excited to announce the creation of grade level “wish-lists". Our teachers have very limited budgets for classroom supplies but parents may not always know the needs in various grade levels. The PTO Liaisons have worked with the teachers to create a list of items that each grade level could make good use of. The lists will be updated periodically to include special projects, units of study, etc. We are also working with the Encore and Intervention teams to include items for their classrooms so stay tuned for those.
The link below isfor requested items by grade level, and the PTO bulletin board in the front hallway at school is also being updated to post the lists. Please note that donation of items is completely voluntary! There is no requirement to purchase anything.
* Volunteers Needed!Westie Parents: We need you! We need many hands during the school year. Please consider helping for a short shift every now and then, as every little bit helps! Visit our Volunteer Opportunities page to view the current sign up opportunities.
If you have any questions, please email our Volunteer Coordinator, Angela Cioletti at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, if you did NOT receive an email for the recent Sign-Up Genuises and wish to start receiving emails for future Sign-Up opportunities, then please let Angela know and she will make sure you are added to her volunteer mailing list! In the meantime, you may just click on the links on the Volunteer Opportunities page for these specific opportunities. A HUGE thank you to those who have already signed up!
* Vespto Position OPEN - We still have a very important Chairperson position that we need to fill this year. This position can be filled by one person or sub-divided and filled by multiple people (or a committee):
Square 1 Art Program- The Chairperson coordinates with the Art teacher and the Square 1 company. Square 1 produces items for purchase using children’s art work. This program is held in late winter or early spring.
If you have questions about this open position or would like to discuss how the position could be subdivided please Cassie Beamer, our President, at email@example.com, or Angela Cioletti, our Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be happy to answer those!
* Subscribe to Our Newsletter!Want to be kept updated by our monthly emailed VESPTO newsletter? It's easy!! Fill out the form below to subscribe!
Please note! If your child is no longer attending Victory Elementary or you no longer wish to receive this newsletter, *please* don't just ignore or mark it as spam. Instead, please unsubscribe via the SafeUnsubscribe® link at the bottom of each newsletter, or send an email to email@example.com. Thank you so much!!
Thanks for signing up!
LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE!
Want to be even MORE connected? Be sure to "like" our official VESPTO Facebook page below, where you can get the latest updates and ask questions!
The VESPTO has been granted 501(c)(3) status by the IRS. This means we are exempt from federal income tax and that we are a charitable organization that can accept tax deductible donations. Our EIN # is 03-0562856.